• Haskell Slaughter Young Rediker LLC said the firm has formed an Appellate Practice Group, headed by Michael C. Skotnicki.
The Appellate Practice Group will focus on prosecuting and defending appeals in all types of litigation matters in both state and federal courts.
Skotnicki specializes in complex civil litigation, with a focus on appellate matters and class actions. He has substantial expertise in environmental law, thanks to his background as a licensed professional geologist.
• The University of Montevallo has named Chadd M. Adams chief of campus police.
Adams served as assistant chief from June 2008 until being named acting chief in November 2010. Adams has nearly 15 years of experience in law enforcement.
• Birmingham-based VIVA Health has hired Beth Clark as director of medical management.
• Lillie Skelton has been named marketing director for Seniors Helping Seniors, an in-home service that matches seniors who want to provide help with seniors who need help.
Skelton served as director of sales and marketing for several local hotels for many years before joining Seniors Helping Seniors.
• Angela Dee, a soybean farmer from Aliceville, has been appointed by U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to serve on the United Soybean Board. She is among six soybean farmers joining the board, which works to expand opportunities for soybean farmers and maximize their profit.
• Serra Honda is holding its “Ultimate Tailgate Event” this Saturday at its 1813 Ensley Ave. location featuring a football toss game in which two people will have a chance to win a 2012 Civic. The event takes place from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m.
• Royal GMC of Vestavia Hills said it is teaming with Birmingham Youth Football to provide the league’s players and coaches with equipment, a donation and a chance to raise up to $10,000.
Royal GMC said Birmingham Youth Football will have the opportunity to raise as much as $10,000 through a fundraising opportunity.
• The National Association of Women in Construction‘s Greater Birmingham Chapter has installed new officers for the upcoming year.
They are president, Stephanie Crane of M.J. Harris Inc.; vice president, Amber Strain of J. Adkins Mechanical; secretary, Michele Dunn of Alabama Graphics; and treasurer, Deborah Williams of M.J. Harris.
Board members are Rhonda Grounds of M.J. Harris; Carol Alford of Print Resources Inc.; Dana McDonald of Dunn Building Co.; and Tonya McLaughlin of Ram Tool Supply. Immediate past president is Donna Campbell of Highlands Publications.
• Tom Davis and Tammy Baker, partners in the Birmingham office of Jackson Lewis LLP, were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2012 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America” in the practice area of employment law — management.
Mail announcements to On the Move, The Birmingham News, P.O. Box 2553, Birmingham, AL 35202, email text and JPEG photographs (150 KB minimum, with the file name including the person’s name) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 325-3282. You can also follow the instructions under “On the Move” at al.com/business/birmingham.