UPDATE: The deadline for nominations has been EXTENDED to May 26!
Know some young people on the rise in Huntsville? AL.com is seeking nominations for Alabama’s Young Professional Awards, to be presented at the July 10 Alabama YP Summit in Birmingham.
There are 10 different categories for nominations from the public. Nominees have to be full-time Alabama residents, finalists must be able to attend the YP Summit and you can’t nominate yourself.
Nominations will be accepted through May 26.
Finalists will be announced June 1, and the public can vote to narrow the field of finalists through June 8. The award winners will be announced at the YP Summit Friday, July 10, at 4 p.m.
The categories are:
- YP Project of the Year, which recognizes a person or group that led a specific project that has made an impact on their community.
- YP Comeback of the Year, which recognizes a YP individual or group who made the most of a business, project or not-for-profit failure by bouncing back and continuing to make a positive impact on their community.
- YP Agent of Change, which recognizes a person or group whose efforts created a turning point on an issue, paving the way for much more substantial change.
- YP Entrepreneur, which recognizes a person or group leading a small-to-mid sized business.
- YP Leader, which recognizes a person who works or volunteers for a not-for-profit, faith organization or public sector organization, including governmental entities.
- YP Hero, which recognizes a person or group, 55 years or older, who goes above and beyond in their investment of time, talent and treasure in young professionals.
- YP Rebel, which recognizes a person or group who not only walks to the beat of their own drum, but tends to set new trends whether it is their style or their substance.
- YP Influencer, which recognizes a person who uses social/new media to have a positive impact on their community.
- YP Social Justice Champion, which recognizes a person who works hard to ensure fairness, equity and inclusion in their community.
- YP Unsung Hero, which recognizes a person or group who does things for the right reason, but have not ever been publicly celebrated for their effort to make their company, organization or community better.